Followers

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Wow my first blog!

This is my first blog ever!  I am so excited!  I am starting this blog as a way to keep my family and friends informed of our travels and whereabouts, and to keep in touch. 

Our retirement trip wont start until Sept.  But I want to practice with this blogging when I can.  Bare with me as I learn the ins and out.

This past week we took a trip to NYC.  Now, for all you who know me, I have avoided NYC all of my adult life.  I dislike the place with a vengeance and hate large city driving or riding.  So, the thought of my baby going to the city and driving around alone while Travis took his test was not going to happen.  So, long story short, Ed and I went to NYC with Amanda and Travis.  Turned out to be, not so bad a trip.  Amazing things happen when you don't expect them to. 

From our hotel room on the NJ side of the Hudson, we had a great view of the Enterprise space shuttle being flown to NYC from Washington DC.  A little history of the Enterprise......It was the first shuttle built and it was never launched into space.  It did make a small solo flight, lifting off from a 747.  It received it's name from a group of school children who won a contest.  Yes it is named after the Starship Enterprise from Star Trek.  The Enterprise will be loaded onto a barge and floated up the Hudson and lifted onto the deck of the retired battleship the Intrepid.

Now for the garden, spring is here, still a little cool but, flowers are coming up and I am so ready to get outside start playing in the dirt.




And of course the wildlife




Thanks for stopping by,
Judy and Ed

16 comments:

  1. Hey Judy and Ed, Thanks for stopping by my blog!! :) What a small world - I am from AuSable Forks, and my mom still lives there. We are coming up to Peru for a few days in August, staying at Iroquois. If you are around then, maybe we can meet up somewhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! See you in August.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogland, it's a wonderful place to meet fellow RVers. I look forward to following along with you and Ed as you get ready, and then start touring the country. I'll bet you can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another welcome to blogland from the Dixon's. You did a great first post. You have so much to look forward to. It's really quite a journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One other comment - you might want to think about getting rid of the word verification on the comments. A lot of bloggers will not comment on your blog if they have to fight with the word verification. So most of us have gotten rid of it and we get very little (almost zero) spam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you all for the reply's. And thank you to the Dixons about word verification. I will try to figure that out.
      We are off on a couple short trips this weekend, so hope to have something to blog about this comming week.
      Looking forward to getting to know everyone here in blogland and get on the road.

      Delete
  6. Another welcome to blogland, u will love it. Although I've had a blog for many months I'm still learning...have such a ways to go. lol I'm more tech-challenged than I thought I'd be but it's a fun way to keep in touch with folks. I've been privileged to meet a couple of bloggers in person when they were in my hometown. Looking forward to following along with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I sure hope I can get all this blog tech stuff figured out before we hit the road. Can't wait and hope we cross paths in our travels.

      Delete
  7. WooHoo...welcome to blogland and looking forward to reading your future posts of all your travels. One hint I would give for followers...move your follower gadget up towards the top of the page so it is easier to find...you can do it through the settings or design setup. Believe me..there is no one less techy than me...if I can do it so can you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your BLOG!!! Plus, thanks for stopping over on my Blog and becoming a follower......
    Best of luck in your travels,,,,and your blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to Blog Land! It's a great place to meet new friends of a similar frame of mine. Chances are your blog will continue to evolve for as long as you choose to blog. It will be a learning experience with unexpected challenges that you will get from blogger along the way. The beauty is there are always other bloggers who will be more then willing to help you out.

    Great first blog so keep it up detailing you trip to retirement and on the road. Be Safe and Enjoy!

    Happy Mothers Day!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to "blogville"...love your photos. Thanks for sharing. Hope you will like it "here".

    ReplyDelete
  11. We started our blog a few years ago..was worried about it but have found it gets easier with time..todays blog was very enjoyable..keep up the good work..Charlie & Heather RollingEarthquake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you have a problem with our site try http://www.cmhl09.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. welcome to blogville!!..great job on on your very first post!!

    ReplyDelete